Ústí nad Orlicí has about 16 000 inhabitants. It is situated in the Pardubice regionnot far from the Czech-Polish border.
This town was founded in 1241 by Wilhelm von Dürnholz under the name of Wilhelmswert and it has been a town of textile industry since the 19th century.
Natives of this town are well-known thanks to their musicality, e.g. the famous violonist Jaroslav Kocian. Every year The Kocian´s International Violin Competition takes place in our theatre, which was built by architect Kamil Roškot in the Modernist style in 1936.
There are also remarkable historical sights like the Baroque church, a town museum, and a view-tower.
The Grammar School in Ústí nad Orlicí, situated in T. G. Masaryka street, was opened in 1946.
The school has extensive external relations, like partnerships with France (Bitche), Germany (Berlin), England (Oundle), Sweden (Hagfors) and Denmark (Skals). Our school participates in COMENIUS projects - meetings of schools from different countries like France, Germany, Poland, and Italy.
This institution is headed by Mr. Miloslav Chvátil and has about thirty teachers and 360 students.
Our school offers general education and prepares pupils for studies at universities. The university entrace exam success rate is almost 100%.
The Second language is taught from the 3rd class of eight-year-long programme or the 1st class of the four-year-long programme.
The idea to build a new school appeared in 1890s and the construction work began in 1910. Despite some problems with money the building was finished in 1913.
The school first started as a primary boys´school. During the WWII, most schools most were used to accommodate members of Wehrmacht. In 1945, the building was used to store medicines. The grammar school was opened in 1946 - in October 2006 we celebrate the 60th anniversary.